Summer is finally here and 99 Ranch Market’s summer recipes are heating up! Get ready to eat healthy and keep that summer bod in check with our Summer Soba Salad created by our very own Misa Chien of Nom Nom TV. Healthy, flavorful, and delicious, this summer soba salad is extremely easy to make and is easily a staff favorite. Perfect for meal prep, lunch, and dinner. Grab all the ingredients at your local 99 Ranch Market to get that yummy in your tummy!
Recipe collaboration with Nom Nom TV
The summer is the perfect time to use mangoes to sweeten a savory dish, and this month’s recipe provided by Misa Chien (of Nom Nom TV) calls for that occasion. Yellow mangoes (also known as Ataulfo Mangoes) are the perfect way to naturally sweeten a savory salad that can really take it to the next level. Pea Sprouts are a great green to pair with that sweetness, to create the perfect combo needed for a stellar salad.
In Misa’s kitchen, it is always a goal to find dishes that are both healthy and delicious. Luckily, by using fresh produce like yellow mangoes, pea sprouts, and cilantro, you can create a quick and yummy meal in no time. The savory soba paired with these fresh fruits and vegetables ensures a show-stopping salad for your summer lunch or dinner.
- 2 Ripe Yellow Mangoes, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 bunch of soba noodles
- 1 cup of pea sprouts
- 1 chopped red chili pepper
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- Thinly sliced cucumber (for garnish)
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon of sesame paste
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil (I use canola oil)
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon of white miso
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Boil 4 cups of water over the stove. Once boiling, put in soba noodles, and let cook for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, drain out water, and put 1 cup of ice cubes over noodles to let cool. Let sit for 5 minutes and drain any remaining water.
- Mix together salad dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Top with pea sprouts, pepper, cilantro, and mango, and toss with homemade sesame dressing.