Shopping Center Manager/Property
We are looking for a Shopping Center Manager with shopping center property management, operation, tenant coordination, and facility management experience for our group here in LA. Our group, Sunny Skies Terrace (SST) is managing commercial real estate/shopping center operations and developments. The person will be managing multiple shopping malls’ facility management, property operation, and tenant coordination. The candidate needs to have architectural & engineering knowledge, drawing review & markup skills, construction management experience (budget, schedule, scopes), tenant coordination experience, lease review knowledge, and good communication (meetings, phone calls, texts, e-mails, graphic markups) skills.
Required (but not limited to) Details of Responsibility:
Property Management/ Facility Management/Operation/Marketing
- Maintain property rentals by supporting the leasing group, who will fill vacancies, negotiate & enforcing leases, and maintain & secure premises. Support and coordinate with the leasing group on any pre-leasing visits, landlord work, tenant improvement activities, tenant space maintenance & repair during store operation, etc.
- Understanding and ability to interpret of leasing process, leasing languages, leasing reports and leasing terms
- Responsible for managing daily operations of property-related matters by investigating and resolving tenant/landlord issues, initiating corrective actions control & preventative maintenance, managing all building components (including HVAC, plumbing, Fire/Life Safety, and electrical systems), maintaining the aesthetic of the center, and maximizing the customer shopping experience
- Ensure center and tenant construction compliance with all safety programs including OSHA, EPA, and other mall rules and regulations. Maintain all government-required reports and safety documentation.
- Maintain all Fire Life Safety systems according to local code in order to protect visitors, shoppers, and employees.
- Liaise with various city departments on building and safety issues. Resolve issues in a timely manner
- Investigate and Inspect properties and identifying necessary maintenance and repairs by contracting vendor services and supervising the tasks
- Prepare accurate reports such as tables, charts, short descriptions by collecting data, analyzing, and summarizing property management related matters on time
- Assist and coordinate with all business partners on any maintenance related concerns to ensure the quality of performance during center operation and tenant business operation
- Manage Common Area Maintenance (CAM) Budgets which include center Maintenance & Repair, center Operation, and center Capital Improvement
- Create Request for Proposal (RFP) with proper scope list, bid out to vendors (A/E, GC, vendors, etc.), level the bids, present the bid packages to management for approval, and then execute for all CAM projects.
- Identify marketing needs during center operation and engage proper vendors as needed for execution
Tenant Coordination during Tenant Improvement
- Enforce rules and regulations of tenant improvement design, construction, permitting & closeout process and assist tenants with on-time openings
- Manage on-site tenant construction and coordination working with retail tenant representatives, contractors, and city-related departments to assist Tenant Improvement process per the landlord approved plans in order to meet the Rent Commencement Date (RCD)
- Supervise the schedule of the tenant’s construction to ensure they open on or before the Rent Commencement Date (RCD).
- Perform Landlord Punchlsit on-site walk for each TI project and promptly issue a final written Punchlist Report to the tenant contractor upon the completion of each project
- Ensure compliance with all close-out documentation per lease terms and construction rules & regulations
- Create Request for Proposal (RFP) with proper scope list, bid out to vendors (A/E, GC, vendors, etc.), level the bids, present the bid packages to management for approval & lease term coordination, and then execute for Landlord Work/Tenant Request Work per lease term.
- Create and update existing space conditions in a detailed report for vacant and decommissioning tenant spaces, incorporating a schedule of remedial works and related cost estimates with photo records.
- Represent the Landlord’s interests between the tenant, tenant contractors, utility companies, and government inspection officials during tenant design and construction, to ensure the Landlord’s design and construction criteria are implemented as intended.
- Create and execute the center standard books & procedures by understanding the center operation, tenant improvement process, city relationships, vendor arrangement, insurances, safety, retail operations, construction management, and tenant needs, etc.
- Other Property Management Administrative responsibilities as needed
- Supports actions from requests by operational and cross-functional departments.
- Flexible with dealing with emergencies that may occur at any time in the center
- Participate in Manager-on-Duty rotation, which includes some evenings and weekends as needed
- Conduct periodic off-hours inspections
- Must be able to respond to the property 7 days/week, 24 hours/day to handle emergencies as needed
- Minimum 50%- 70% travel is required including out-of-state
Keywords for the soft skills:
Bold, passionate, fast-paced, a strong individual contributor and leader for your center & vendors, hands-on, solution-oriented, goal-oriented, teamwork, take ownership, open to changes, ethics, fast learner, time management, thinking like a property owner, negotiation skills, responsiveness, personable, check date/work accuracy before distributing.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, construction documents, and, lease terms, and lease plans
- Strong construction management and project management experience
- Familiarity with automated building systems and Energy Management Systems (EMS)
- Exposure to CAD-based software, Bluebeam, and other design-based platforms
- General knowledge & understanding of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Fire Life Safety systems/codes, Structure, Civil, Parking and ADA code
- Proficient in Google E-mail, Google Meeting, Google Drive, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, Bluebeam
- OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory training and experience is preferred
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS in related field
- Prefers 5+ years of experience in commercial property management and familiarity with shopping center operations in North America.
- Has demonstrated success in managing multiple projects, priorities, and people concurrently in a fast-paced, high-growth, and results-driven environment.
- CPM, IFMA, PMP, or LEED-AP O+M is preferred
Bilingual in English and Mandarin is a plus.
|Job Category||Real Estate, Corporate, 5-7 Years, SST|
|Location||Buena Park, CA|
|Education Level||BA/BS in related field|
|Experience Level||5 years+|
|Benefits||401K ● Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance ● Paid vacations and sick leave ● Employee discount|