SoCal 99 Ranch Market Food Processing Center is looking for a R&D/ QA Technician!
99 Ranch Market is one of the largest Asian supermarket chains in the United States, with over 50 store locations in California, Nevada, Texas, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Virginia and more to come! We are passionate and honored to shape the Asian Supermarket culture within the grocery industry. As 99 Ranch Market expands, we have new positions open. We welcome new members to join and grow alongside the family!
R&D – Research & Development
- Submit labels to the USDA and keep USDA approvals on file.
- Review and revise product labels to comply with USDA/FDA regulations.
- Create and update in-house Product Specification Sheets and Product Specification Sheets for customers.
- Keeps Suppliers Product Specification Sheets, Letter of Guarantees, and COAs on file for claim substantiation and records.
- Create nutritional facts panels using the USDA nutrient database.
- Create formulation sheets for production.
- Cooperate with operations, QC, marketing and sales for compliance on label and packaging content as well as new product launches.
- Work with chefs, culinary consultants, and agencies in taking recipes from concept to production.
- Maintain and follow industry regulations and customer requirements.
- Develop specifications for all raw materials, process controls, and finished goods.
- Independently review changes in products, product specifications, and manufacturing processes to assess regulatory implications of the change.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QA – Quality Assurance
- Monitoring, and programming critical control points (CCP).
- Responsible for monitoring and product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Performing sanitation verification and allergen testing on equipment and other areas required.
- Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and Documentation.
- Ensures the correct recipe guidelines for products are met during processing.
- Ensures employees are following all Food Safety and worker safety practices.
- Ensures and educates employees on food safety and USDA standards.
- Responsible for issuing disciplinary action when directed.
- Collect product samples for Product Development, lab retains and the laboratory when directed.
- Perform inspections on Products, Equipment and Machinery.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or applied science is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in food production facilities, USDA regulatory/labeling experience is required.
- Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking and communication.
- Solid knowledge of food regulations with specific emphasis on nutritional labeling and natural food ingredients under both USDA and FDA.
- Knowledge of physical properties and chemical composition of food and ingredients.
- Knowledge of extensive areas of food science and technology and experimental procedures.
- Knowledgeable in Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Self-motivated with proven leadership skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, effectively under pressure, and deadline-oriented environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Bilingual in Mandarin Chinese, Cantonses, or Spanish is a plus!
- Flexible availability – able to work early morning and weekend shifts.
- HACCP, PCQI, and GMP Certification is a plus.
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: 6491 Caballero, Buena Park, CA 90620
- Salary: DOE
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance
- Employee discount
For more information, please visit https://www.99ranch.com/careers
Our goal is to be a recognized leader in the industry while providing a great workplace for employees. Please note the job descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the position. They do not cover all the details of skills, duties, or responsibilities required for the positions. Thus, they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all skills, duties, and responsibilities required for personnel. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as instructed by management. Skills, duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. We are an E.E.O. employer.
|Job Category||Facilities, Central Kitchen|
|Location||Buena Park, CA|
|Benefits||401K ● Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance ● Paid vacations and sick leave ● Employee discount|