ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive product:
- Verify that quantity on Purchase Order match Bill of Lading;
- Enter all information into our system database Received Goods;
- Quality Inspections of all products to ensure 99 Ranch quality standards are met;
- Work with merchandising team on specific needs and questions regarding daily receiving and reports;
- Ensure that each product is cooled to its optimum temperature in the shortest amount of time, following the cold chain and storage in rotation correctly;
- Establish and maintain good, positive working relationships with growers and delivery drivers;
- Be an effective advocate of the company and organization by always striving to ship the highest quality products;
- Regularly communicate ideas and concerns to Warehouse Management Team;
- Ensure work is performed safely at all times;
- Wear proper safety equipment at all times;
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Perform other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum High School degree required. Minimum one year experience in Agriculture Receiving, Cooling & Shipping required. Ability to learn cooling management systems, including cooling methods to maintain the cold chain. Experience in dealing with Chinese Produce is a Plus
- Language Skills: Excellent Communication skills including reading, writing, and verbally communicating effectively and professionally with other business departments, customers, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Technical Skills: Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and SAP.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to think independently and to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of different situations without set guidelines. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report, or schedule form.
- Equipment: Operate equipment such as, but not limited to, forklift, stand up pallet jack, electric pallet jack, computer, calculator, copier, phone.
- Other Skills & Abilities: Must be able to work variable hours, days, weekends & Holidays. Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a time-pressured environment. Excellent organizational skills. High accuracy in work with attention to detail. Ability to complete projects in a timely manner. Ability to get along and work cooperatively with others. Positive and professional attitude. Ability to respond positively to constructive feedback. Ability to manage a project from its initiation to completion with minimal supervision. Solution-oriented attitude with willingness to proactively solve issues.
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 90% of the time is spent on feet and 10% sitting at a desk.
- Have constant need to perform the following physical activities: bending/stooping/squatting, climbing stairs, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and reaching above shoulders.
- Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities.
- Consistent need to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, grasping/turning, finger dexterity.
- Lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs. frequently and over 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: consistent need to complete forms, view computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail. Frequent need to see things clearly beyond arm’s reach.
- Hearing requirements: consistent need to communicate over telephone and in person.
2931 Faber St, Union City, CA 94587
|Job Category||Receiver, DC|
|Benefits||401K ● Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance ● Paid vacations and sick leave ● Employee discount|