99 Ranch Market Distribution Center is now hiring Quality Control Clerk
99 Ranch Market is the largest Asian supermarket chain in the United States, with over 55 store locations across 10 states and more to come! We are passionate and honored to shape the Asian Supermarket culture within the grocery industry. “For 100, we try harder” is our commitment to always provide the best products and services to the communities we serve. With our new expansion strategy and efforts in our cross-generational transition to continue growing our footprint across the country, we welcome YOU to join and grow alongside our family!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform visual and physical inspection of produce items on inbound deliveries for quality issues, making any necessary notes and taking photos of the products at the time of receipt. Catalog photos and report any issues to the QC Specialist or Receiving Managers.
- Cut and inspect the interior of inbound fruit items for quality (when applicable), report any quality issues to the Quality Control Specialist or Receiving Managers.
- Perform visual and physical inspection of produce items on outbound deliveries for quality issues, making any necessary notes and taking photos for returns validation. Catalog photos and report any issues to the QC Specialist or Shipping Managers.
- Spot verify products on outbound pallets match what is listed on the order pick tickets, report any discrepancies to the Shipping Managers.
- Ensure food safety is being observed during the stacking of outbound orders. Report any issues to the QC Specialist or Shipping Managers.
- Inspect the quality of stored inventory, noting any issues encountered. Follow up with the QC Specialist for additional action.
- Ensure proper rotation practices are being followed, report any mis-rotated items to Shipping Managers for further action.
- Check receiving dates on pallet tags of stored inventory throughout the warehouse and report any inventory that is observed to be excessive or that has been held longer than its recommended storage life.
- Assist with data entry of store return information, as well as cataloging product information, photos, and maintaining training documents.
- Assist in maintaining a safe working environment by keeping the warehouse floors clear of debris (broken pallet pieces, pallet wrap, plastic ties, etc.).
- Sort, inspect and photograph products returned by stores, documenting any issues that arise. Separate products to be returned to vendors for credit.
- Must be able to walk/stand for up to 8 hours
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Bend, twist, stretch, kneel, stoop/squat intermittently
- Ability to tolerate refrigeration temperatures
- Loud, busy environment
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to complete required tasks without continuous supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Require Food Handler’s Card, HACCP experience preferredred
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonus up to $600
- Long-Term Service Award
- Employee Discount
- Paid Time Off
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: 2931 Faber Street, Union City, CA 94587
Tawa Group dba 99 Ranch Market, is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
|Job Category||1-3 Years, DC, Language, English, Chinese|
|Benefits||401K ● Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance ● Paid vacations and sick leave ● Employee discount|