The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, benefits administration and employment law compliance.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbooks and policies and procedures manuals.
- Effectively recruit all levels of positions.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, communicating benefit information to employees.
- Conducts new-employee orientations.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of the department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database. Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
Important Notice: This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or delegated by management to meet the business needs of the property.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent in related work experience 3 – 4 years of experience as an HR Generalist
- Advanced PC skills with proficiency in MS Office including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bilingual in English and Chinese / Spanish preferred
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a deadline-oriented environment
- Willing to learn, detail-oriented, and be able to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills, analytical skills and critical thinking
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $63,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
|Job Category||Human Resources, 1-3 Years, Management|
|Benefits||401K ● Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance ● Paid vacations and sick leave ● Employee discount|