99 Ranch Market (“99 Ranch”) is a leading food retailer in the U.S. with over 50 locations in 7 states. 99 Ranch serves its communities by providing nutritious, high-quality food at affordable prices, coupled with top-notch customer service. Founded in California in 1984, 99 Ranch has grown to become one of the largest Asian food retailers in the U.S., leading the industry in quality, assortment, and innovation when it comes to serving its communities’ needs. 99 Ranch is headquartered in Buena Park, CA.
The General Counsel’s (GC) responsibilities include directing all legal work on behalf of the company, involving areas such as labor and employment, business and real estate transactions and corporate governance. By anticipating and resolving legal issues, the GC will help optimize business results timely and cost-effectively. The GC will continuously review the current business and legal environment and devise best-in-class procedures and policies to assist company performance, working closely together with other divisions including human resources and operations.
The GC/VP will report directly to the CFO of 99 Ranch and the GC will be a member of the senior management team.
- Review company practices and draft policies and training to comply with labor and employment laws in multiple state jurisdictions.
- Address all legal inquiries and defend all claims, including DOL or EEOC audits, workplace investigations and litigation, ADA complaints, Proposition 65 inquiries, and Trademark infringement claims
- Manage the compliance function, including interpreting and devising best-in-class practices according to applicable FDA, USDA and other local, state and federal regulations as it relates to the company business.
- Proactively work with internal and external parties, who may communicate in Mandarin or English, to ensure proper administration and compliance of contracts and regulations and help identify and mitigate risks.
- Independently negotiate, draft and review various complex corporate, commercial and real estate contracts, related to procurement, technology solutions, licensing, customer credit, professional service agreements and corporate transactions.
- Serve as liaison with outside counsel, overseeing all contracted work.
- Analyze and provide strategic legal advice as part of the senior leadership team.
- Other related duties as part of senior leadership team.
- Bar Standing: Member in good standing of the California State Bar required, or able to waive into state; familiarity with other states is a benefit but not required.
- Strong Professional Background: 5 or more years of legal experience required. Preference for prior experience as company GC, Assistant General Counsel or Senior Counsel, or a strong background in private practice.
- Transaction Background: High level of proficiency in transactional work, experience with contracts and procurement is highly desirable.
- Strong Communications: Ability to communicate effectively, work cooperatively and interact comfortably with a diverse community and multiple constituencies including senior management, store and headquarter personnel, external professionals and vendors.
- Multiple Languages: Mandarin proficiency required.
- Character and Judgment: Sound judgment and high degree of integrity and discretion.
Compensation package will be appropriate for the position, including annual base salary and performance bonus based on Company and individual results.
Our goal is to be a recognized leader in the industry while providing a great workplace for employees. Please note the job descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the position. They do not cover all the details of skills, duties, or responsibilities required for the position. Thus, they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all skills, duties, and responsibilities required for personnel. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as instructed by management. Skills, duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. We are an E.E.O. employer.
GC / VP屬於公司高層並直接彙報至大華超級市場CFO。
|Job Category||Cooperate, 5-7 Years|
|Location||6338 Regio Ave., Buena Park, CA 90620.|
|Experience Level||5+ Years of Experience|
|Benefits||401K ● Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance ● Paid vacations and sick leave ● Employee discount|