99 Ranch Market is now hiring Compensation and Benefits Manager!
99 Ranch Market is one of the largest Asian supermarket chains in the United States, with over 50 store locations in California, Nevada, Texas, Washington, Oregon, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Virginia, and more! We are passionate and honored to shape the Asian Supermarket culture within the grocery industry. As 99 Ranch Market expands, we have new positions open. We welcome new members to join and grow along with our team!
Reporting to the Corporate HR Director, the Compensation and Benefits Manager is responsible for the establishment, setup, and maintenance of a formal compensation structure for the organization. This position will also be responsible for the review and analysis of our benefits program, ensuring our benefits are tailored to the needs of our employees and are competitive within our industry. This is an in-office position. Candidates must be willing to report to our corporate office in Buena Park, CA.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and administration of the Company’s compensation and benefits programs, including compensation and bonus programs.
- Manage the Company’s pay bands, external benchmarks, levels, and titles through the review and selection of relevant market data. Ensure pay bands are reviewed and updated on a regular basis to ensure information is relevant to the market and foster internal equity across the organization. Evaluates newly created positions to align to appropriate job bands.
- Identifies documentation gaps, creates and maintains needed documentation for all compensation policies and programs.
- Leads and coordinates the Company’s benefits review process, including reviewing medical, dental and vision plans to ensure external competitiveness, recommend changes or updates. Participates in claims reviews to minimize risk where appropriate.
- Leads the implementation of the benefits module in the HRIS system, including ensuring appropriate mapping of benefits plans, testing EDI feeds with carriers and HRIS system.
- Leads and coordinates compensation processes where applicable, including merit increases, promotions, bonuses and other incentive schemes.
- Partner with management and recruitment teams to align jobs to the compensation structure. Develops training and ensures managers and HR team members are informed
- Build and grow the Compensation and Benefits team, to include the selection, training and mentoring of Compensation and Benefits Analysts.
- May participate in other tasks and projects as assigned by Management.
- 7 to 10 years of related experience in a similar role in a large organization, including 3 years of supervising employees
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field and/or equivalent work experience is required. Equivalent experience in lieu of a degree will be considered. Certified Compensation Professional certification preferred but not required.
- Experience with matrix organization, and/or multi-unit management is preferred
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a deadline-oriented environment, as well as to work under pressure.
- Strong ability in critical thinking, problem solving, multi-tasking, keeping confidentiality, and working with ambiguity and in a constantly changing environment.
- Expert knowledge of state and federal employment law
- Strong business acumen
- Proficient in systems such as ADP Workforce Now and G-Suite preferred
- Strong in analytical skill and proficient in MS Excel is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess a positive and professional demeanor
- Bilingual in English and Chinese is a plus
- Employment type: Full Time position.
- Occasional Travel may be needed
- Salary: DOE.
- Location: 6338 Regio Ave., Buena Park, CA 90620.
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonus up to $600
- Long-Term Service Award
- Employee Discount
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
Tawa Group dba 99 Ranch Market, is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
|Job Category||Corporate, Human Resources, Experience Level, 5-7 Years|