6929 Airport Blvd. Austin, Texas 78752 - 04/25/2018.
At 99 Ranch Market, we are shaping the Asian supermarket culture within the grocery industry through our pride and commitment to innovation and differentiation.
We are excited to announce the New Store Opening in Austin Texas and are on the lookout for a great candidate that can Supervise our Seafood Department and be a part of this exciting journey!
Seafood supervisor reports to Seafood Department Manager and provides daily support to maximize the department efficiency. This role will assist Department Manager in personnel activities such as staffing, training, or developing team members through available resources to increase employees' product knowledge. You will distribute essential information to team members in regards to equipment operations, internal procedures or regularly compliance to create a safe working environment.
- Maintain the overall appearance of the department and ensure that production levels are sustained throughout the day and packaged items are well-merchandised to showcase the quality and increase sales.
- Educate and instruct team members in proper product handling, and storage, stocking ordering equipment operation, building displays, and product rotation.
- Report any accidents, urgent notice, along with other violations or incidents to Department Manager.
- Maintain safe working environments and throughout the department in compliance with the internal procedure or safety code.
Minimum Skill Requirement:
- Two years minimum of working with live fish
- One year minimum of supervising in a seafood environment
- Has a “Food Handlers Card” or willing to obtain one
- Excellent communication skills
- Essential Math skills
- Microsoft, Word, Outlook experience
- Excellent active listening and critical thinking skills
- Service-oriented mindset with an ability to take immediate action for improvements
Desired and Physical Skills:
- Standing for extended periods is commonly required
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs.
- Must be able to work in 0-38 temperatures
- Must be comfortable butchering seafood products
- Good manual dexterity for the use of processing equipment such as cutter or labeling
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. At 99 Ranch Market, we are an EEO employer.
Walk in to apply
What We Offer You:
- 401 (k)
- Paid sick leave
- Direct Deposit
- Flexible Schedule
- Employee Discount